Benefits of solar powering your home – Thank the sun!
You’ve no doubt read in the newspaper or seen on TV about the increasing cost of conventional energy bills. If not, have you been hiding under a rock? The prices of household energy bills are on a rise and more people are trying to find ways to cut the cost of living.
A good solution to this conundrum is to consider solar powering your home. Not only is it eco-friendly, but also cost saving in the long run. There are many benefits to solar powering your home. It’s letting the sun power up your home through the solar panels placed on the roof for you while you’re out and about, then it’s there for you to come home and use what’s been powered that day. Doesn’t that sound great?
Like most things in life there is the initial cost to setting up solar powering your home. The cost of installing solar panels and equipment has fallen considerably over the last few decades and is now a staggering 90% cheaper than it used to be when it was first brought onto the market.
You do need to install solar panels on the roof of your home, which yes, does cost a little, but won’t compare to the amount you’ll start saving on power bills, now your energy is effectively free, will mean huge savings in the long-term and possibly a probable profit.
So what are the perks?
1) If you live in a sunny area, especially if your house is open and not covered by shade, you may find that you not only meet your energy needs, but exceed them and in this case you may be able to sell back this energy to electrical companies, meaning you could earn money!
2) Solar panels on the roof of your home will add to the value of your property if you decide to sell up and move on.
3) Environmentally friendly – as we mentioned before, you are making a clean mark on the environment.
4) Not having to worry about power cuts or maintenance, once it’s in, you don’t have to think about it again and you won’t be affected by any regional power cuts.
5) You may be able to get help with funding for the initial cost of setting up, so look into what initiatives may be available in your area before you sign on the dotted line.
These are just a few perks to solar powering your home. Most people will benefit from going environmental and cost effective, especially in these times of sky high energy bills, which don’t show any sign of coming back down.
The sun could save you money, embrace this great idea!
JVK Electrical are your local professionals. If you want to start saving money, give our friendly team a call today on 0410 689 029 and we’ll discuss the best solution for your home.
You can also visit our contact page!